Friday, November 05, 2010

New Use: Deer Head Ornament to Wall Art


I had these elements sitting on my craft table for months and I couldn't resist putting them together into a quirky bit of art for our wall. My mother would cringe. But I'm quite fond of my little project. The deer head started life as a Christmas ornament- I found it in a thrift store, cut off the shank, and painted it white. The wood plaque, pattern, and doily all were thrifted too. All purchased the same day. It was their destiny to come together I tell you.

Add a little Mod Podge and Glue the bits together and I've got myself a mini mounted deer head. I'm going to be on the lookout for more deer head stuff this holiday season.  I think a whole collection of different sized mini mounts in different papers would look pretty awesome together.








post signature