Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I love summer reading

+


+


=

HAPPY SUMMER READING

The SnapTell app lets you snap a photo of a book (or cd, dvd, etc) and it will tell you the name and author of the book, reviews, and where to buy.  Goodreads is a social site (also has a handy app) that lets you keep track of what you've read, what your friends are reading, and what want to read.

When I see a book I want to read, I'll snap it with SnapTell.  When I get a chance, add I'll check it out on Goodreads and see if any of my friends have read it and what they thought. If it gets good reviews, I'll add it to my reading list.  Then I'll hop over to my public library website and place a hold on the book.  They email me when it comes in and I can just run over and pick it up. Pretty fun!

For those books you just have to have for keeps in your library, I just heard about Thriftbooks.com. You can get popular used books starting at $3.95 and there is FREE SHIPPING to the US and cheap shipping just about everywhere else.  Cool!

Too bad summer is ending and my opportunities for reading like a mad woman are coming to an end.

post signature