Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fabric Sandwich & Snack Bags


Cool! Another thing to add to my list of things to sew. This idea comes from [Angry Chicken]. Click on over and watch her tutorial. It's hilarious but she explains it well. My favorite part? "Don't think. Just copy this." HaHa!

I would love to cut down or eliminate our plastic baggie consumption.  We are trying to be earth conscious as much as possible.  But I just can't seem to get past zip bags. They are so handy. We use way too many of them. These are made from plain untreated or coated cotton which you can just throw in the wash when they get dirty. Anyone try something like this? Do they work to keep food fresh? I'll have to give it a try. My fabric stash could use some thinning out.

Confession: I got a serger about 4 years ago and have NEVER used it. Maybe this would be a good time to break it out and see if I can get it to work. It seems scary and hard.

Photo is also via Angry Chicken

post signature