Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Growing a Garden


This is our fourth year planting a garden. This year was a really late winter/spring and we are now just seeing some of the plants coming up. I love it. Putting seeds into the ground and watching as they grow into something to feed your family is so amazing and gratifying. I don't really know what I am doing. It's just fun to learn as I go and get some healthy groceries in the process.

A few months ago my husband and I watched Food, Inc. & King Corn.  I'd recommend watching them both- you can find them on Netflix. Whew! Be warned you might not look at food the same again.

First up: Food Inc.



Next King Corn:



Third: Love this video too- wouldn't it be cool if every town had it's own mini dairy like this?


Brown Family Dairy from UM Media Documentary Projects on Vimeo.

post signature