Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Built In Bunk Beds



I love this idea featured on Ohdeedoh. Our triplets share a room and to create more floor space we went with a bunk and a single. But, lot of space is taken up with the beds and furniture. And they are always getting pulled out and messed up. I think these built-ins are a great solution- if only I had a room with a corner like this! In my case, I could use the bottom portion under one of the beds for clothes storage- built in dressers or something . I really like the bedding too. Easy to make which is a must for bunks- probably even more so with built ins. Kind of cracks me up that the picture shows the letters A, B, C... That was what my girls where known by to their nurses for the first months of their life. Baby A, Baby B, and Baby C.

I would have LOVED this as a kid. My brothers and sisters and I used to make play spaces in our attic storage closet under the eaves. We'd bring in our sleeping bags, books, and pillows and beg to stay all night there.

Check out more great built-in bunk ideas on their site. I dig the triple decker one too!


post signature