Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Urban Homesteading




Have you heard of the Dervae family? Check out this short introduction video. We have a small vegetable garden and some fruit trees. I adore them- even when they don't work exactly as I would like. It's amazing to plant things and help them grow to be usable to my family. The whole family gets excited when we get to harvest something from the garden. We had sugar snap peas work for the first time this year and they were amazing.

I've been reading more and more about urban homesteading and I think it's great.  The Dervae family takes it to a new level- inspiring.  I don't know if I could quite go as far, but it definitely makes me want to do more. 

There is great information out there about this movement. Just do a search for urban homesteading and you'll find tons of blogs and sites about the topic.



post signature