Monday, April 06, 2009

Quote of the week



Last week I was part of a panel discussion on adoption. I tried to share this quote that night, but couldn't remember the exact words. For any of you that were there- this is what I was trying to say.

I love it. I don't think we ever stop planning, dreaming, hoping, and working to make things happen- like last weeks quote suggests. But we do need to realize when our plans aren't working and allow ourselves to move on and discover new dreams, craft new plans, and find the life that our maker has waiting for us.

For me, the journey to adoption took surrendering MY plan of how our family would come and allowing the plan of my Heavenly Father to take over. Even with such an obvious example in my life, it's something I need to be reminded of constantly.