Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Instant art project


This past weekend I finally got around to finishing a project! Yeah!  I have a room that is open to two levels and I needed some huge art for one wall. Art and framing is expensive for such a huge size.  Luckily, I found a frame at a thrift store that was a perfect size. I just took out the outdated art, painted and distressed the frame, and put in a panel of graphic fabric.  

For now it's just resting on top of the roll top desk. I'll probably hang it up a bit higher on the wall.  But so far so good - I think I like it! Framed fabric makes great instant art!  You could even just cover a canvas with it- those are pretty easy to come by at craft or thrift stores.

See those two little hands? Those are to remind me of this "Grasping Opportunity" quote from Thomas S. Monson in a previous post:

"Sometimes we let our thoughts of tomorrow take up too much of today.  Daydreaming of the past and longing for the future may provide comfort but will not take the place of living in the present.  This is the day of our opportunity, and we must grasp it."