Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I'm a FOOL, FOOL, FOOL for you



Happy April Fools Day! I loved this holiday growing up. My mom always made it so fun. We would never know what to expect- she always pulled pranks on us. Some fun things I remember her doing were offering us after school snacks of toothpaste filled Oreos with colored salt water Kool-aid, locking us out and sending us on a scavenger hunt around the neighborhood to find the key, short-sheeting beds, re-setting alarm clocks...

So of course I have to pass it on to my kids! Besides pranks we also switch around our meals eating dinner for breakfast (or dessert for breakfast: check out the meatloaf cupcakes pictured above), a crazy lunch, and Trix cereal for dinner.  The Family Fun website has a lot of creative pranks, recipes, and activities. I think my kids would love these riddles in their luchboxes.  Have a fun day!

image via