Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Homemade Dishwasher and Laundry Soap


Did you know you can make your own dishwasher and laundry detergent with ingredients from the grocery store? Well, I just found out and I'm excited about it. Today I tried the recipe for dishwasher soap and it worked great! I'm amazed.

Because of this success, I think i'll work up the courage to try the laundry soap. Supposedly, it works with a front loading high efficiency washer as well because it's low sudsing soap.

For the Homemade Dishwasher Soap:

1 1/2 cups borax
1 1/2 cups baking soda
1 cup salt

Mix all together and keep in a jar. I just filled up one side of the soap dispenser and it worked great! I also used distilled white vinegar in the rinse dispenser.

This is the recipe I found for Homemade Laundry Soap.  Looks doable! Both of these recipes are not only environmentally friendly but also budget friendly.  Hooray for that!