Tuesday, November 25, 2008

VITRA


Heather's Home for Lost and Abandoned Furniture. This is what my husband calls my basement. Is it weird that I feel sad for great furniture that has been abandoned to estate sales or thrift shops? I have to restrain myself from buying items to add to my furniture orphanage.

I think there's a reason for my addiction. You see, once upon a time I was in a study abroad program.  I lived and worked in Switzerland. It was an amazing experience. As part of that program, I was able to visit some great sites. One of those was the Vitra Design Museum in Bern, Switzerland.

OH THE CHAIRS!!!!

I bought the above poster which I kept ever so carefully wrapped up until I could afford to frame it. Sadly, we had a flood and my poster was ruined. No more chair poster. Fortunately for me, I just discovered a whole VITRA website.  Filled with great chairs and other fun items. Check out the miniatures in the museum shop. Hooray for Vitra!

post signature