Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Startup Princesses Unite!


This past weekend I had the great opportunity to attend a Startup Princess Academy. The theme for the conference was marketing to women online. It was a great event! I met so many wonderfully creative and innovative women. I learned so much from the presenters: Holly Buchanan, Gabrielle Blair, Barbara Jones, Gwen Bell, & Janet Meiners Thaeler. You were great! So nice and friendly and willing to pass on your knowledge.

One of the things that stuck out to me was how everyone was so willing to share their ideas, contacts, etc...  No competiveness. Gabrielle reminded us that there really is room for everyone in the WWW so share and help and the favor will be returned to you.

If you are thinking of starting a business take a look at Startup Princess. I've been to two of their events now, and both times, I've come home excited and inspired to keep building my studio and pushing myself further.  Kelly, the founder and owner is so sweet and dedicated to helping others succeed.

One of the things I learned was TWITTER! A great and fun way to communicate. Kind of like your blog meets your Facebook status. Join twitter and find me. My username is heathersmemo. You can click the link on the bottom left of my blog to read my latest tweets and then click link to follow me!  

Thanks Sarah Jane for the photos!

post signature