Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dreams We Carry

My cousin got married last week. It was beautiful! I LOVED the poem on the cover of the program:


It is that dream we carry that
Something miraculous will happen
That it must happen

That time will open
That the heart will open
That doors will open
And that the rock face will open
That springs will gush forth

That the dream will open
And that one morning
We'll glide into a
Harbor we didn't know was there

Olave H. Hauge

I feel this way about a lot of things in my life. The harbor I didn't know was there turns out to be much better than the harbor that I would have chosen for myself. Adoption is one of those "hidden harbors" for me. What would my life be like without it? I can't even imagine. I'm so grateful that someone else is steering the boat and directed us to this amazing place!