Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Grasping Opportunity

I've had an "I used to" train of thought lately.  There's a lot to me that I've ignored, pushed back, or deleted.  It's kind of been bugging me.  Some things I don't miss very much but some I do.  I'd love to add some of those things back into what makes "me." It's easy to get discouraged about it.


But then, I realized there's a lot I do now that I didn't do before:

I guess it's finding the right balance that makes us happy. Someone said that it's not choosing between bad things and good things that is hard, but it's choosing between so many good things. So, if it's not too late for a new years resolution. . .  I want to better arrange my time so that only the (sorry Martha Stewart) REALLY GOOD THINGS get done. 

Just reading an article by President Monson in the April Ensign.  I just speaks to me and this mood I've been in lately.  He says there is treasure map for a happy life and the three pieces are:

1.  Learn from the past
2.  Prepare for the future
3.  Live in the present

He says "Sometimes we let our thoughts of tomorrow take up too much of today.  Daydreaming of the past and longing for the future may provide comfort but will not take the place of living in the present.  This is the day of our opportunity, and we must grasp it."  
So perfect, right?  I like the visual of "grasping opportunity." Maybe I'll make something to remind me of that idea and keep it where I'll always see it.