Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Do you BYOGS?

Do you bring your own grocery sacks to the store?  They are popping up everywhere. Most stores are offering them for sale now. Usually with the store logo on them. Last time I went to the store, I think I probably had twenty plastic sacks filled with groceries. That's a lot of bags to purchase from the store. That'd be a lot of bags to carry in to the store. Has anyone started doing this? What has your experience been like?  


Even though we re-use the plastic grocery bags, I still feel guilty every time we haul them out to the trash.  Maybe I'll be brave and just do it.  How much harder could it be really?  I found some great bags for purchase here.  They are from a company called Envirosax. Aren't they cute?



However, there are a lot of patterns for DIY grocery bags.  Here is an article from Curbly with 35 free patterns for Reusable Grocery Bags like this one from Ohfransson: